Saturday, August 16, 2008

Antique Dildo Shopping

"So, tomorrow I'm going to go junk shopping for family," says the Geek.

"Sounds like fun." I reply.

"I'm trying to decide if one of those traditional stone dildos will make a good present or if it would just be a problem and make some friends. Jealous."

"Traditional Stone Dildos?" I ask.

"Sure, in the junk shops."

"I don't have a traditional stone dildo. Why don't I have a traditional stone dildo? I've gone shopping at lots of antique places and junk jobs. I've never seen a stone dildo. I want a stone dildo. I want a stone dildo now!"

"Um, you can come with me?" offers the Geek.

"Too right I'm coming with you, I cannot go another day without having my own stone dildo!"

And so it was the lunch was arranged I would have to live twelve hours without having my own stone dildo. At just after 1:00 the Geek came knocking and we walked out into the rainy Daegu after noon in search of lunch and the wily stone dildos.

The Geek was not exactly positive about the location of the shop we were looking for so after lunch and some coffee we wandered about downtown looking for the appropriate turn of to get to the street that had the store that theoretically had the stone dildos.

"This street maybe?" He says.

"Okay, let's cut down that street." He offers.

Finally we end up back on the main drag and like an oasis in the desert we stumble upon the antique shop that is the destination of our adventure.

"Like those stone dildos!" He says pointing at the sculptures that are featured prominently in the windows.

And sure enough there were the carved stone dildos in the window. The store was crammed with various kinds of stuff. Aside from the dildos we were swamped by antique gold, brass, and silver items. Icons, fetishes, Buddhas, knives, silverware, hash pipes, taxidermy, medical things. We even found a super 8 camera, an old phonograph with a large brass speaker cone, and a portable crank turn table. Lots and lots of assorted stuff.

In the end I poked through the riff-raff coming up with an nice stone dildo ("It's black," says the Geek. "It's the executive dildo." says me) a set of candle holders and a hair pin. Sundries were acquired for presents for the Geeks family and the two of us headed with our various bounties back into the rainy sweaty Daegu summer day to make what would could of the afternoon.

3 comments:

GeologyJoe said...

I cant resist...A ROCK COCK.

LOL!

Polka Dot said...

really a rather nutty, scenario.

Not so much that you hunted one (a black executive dildo)

But i am here in texas, and was thinking {today} how great it would be to have a stone dildo, escpecially out of tigers eye.

So I browse the net, come across this blog, and hahaha.

I must have been tuned into your brain wave today.

Ideal.
So enjoy that great "center" piece.

Mo

Polka Dot said...

ok, never mind, now I cans see the date.

A month and two days later>.