Monday, May 05, 2014

Warm Landing

After 300 months of winter this was a nice change of pace. I would have been happy to just hang out in the natural air of the airport and be warm for the next three days. I think that would have been fine. But this was not the point of being in Hawaii. Aside from a much-needed vacation, I was meeting my lady love, the Artist, and I could not wait to see her. I had all the nervous butterflies-in-stomach giddiness on top of the way-too-much-flying jet lag. I was feeling a little sweaty, sticky, and slightly crampy (damn you uterus), but it didn’t matter because she was somewhere in that airport and I wanted to see her. 

Several good scans did not reveal her beautiful form, so I found the baggage belt and waited for a bag to appear. I think I would have gone without checking it if I thought I could have gotten away with it, but the reality was that I was packing gear that I didn’t want to have to explain, on top of packing gear I didn’t want to have confiscated, and I really didn’t want to relive the experience of having my luggage booted like on my last trip to Korea.

No comments: