Thursday, November 13, 2014

Blue Cheese Olives ARE Dinner!

I changed into my favorite Hubbard Street dress in a dressing room of one of my favorite clothing shops before hitting the bar for dinner. Faust was supposed to meet me at the bar, and most likely already head seats.

While the dress I wanted to wear was cute, it was entirely inappropriate for the weather, so in some ways, perfect.

I hooked up with Faust at the bar.

“Hey, you.” I said surprising him. “How was work?” I had tried to convince Faust to meet me for Bowie, but work had asked him to come in and so he had spent his day doing that instead of hanging out with the cool people. He took one look at me, smiled, and said “I should have called in dead.”

“Let’s get dinner,” I laughed at him. For dinner I had three martinis with blue cheese stuffed olives. I’m sure there was also food, but who cares about food when you have blue-cheese stuffed olives? Faust had fish and chips and then we were off to the dance.








The Harris Theater was its usual self, a theater that also wanted to come off as a parking garage, but with lighting that made it look like an airplane hangar that got confused and ended up being a discothèque. I got some pictures of me in my cute dress, and then picked up some chocolate so we could settle in for the show.







This was a show I was rather looking forward to, as it was the premiere of a collaboration between Hubbard and Second City. At some point, I swear, I will totally take in a Second City show, maybe. Eh, live comedy, while an art, is not an art that calls to me all the time. However this was different; this was art and DANCE!

The reality going in was that I was fairly sure nothing would move me the same way I had been moved by The Impossibles, from the closing of Hubbard’s 2013-2014 season, but still, the work they did was always exciting.

I can say with a fair amount of certainty that this did not disappoint. In reality, it exceeded all my wildest expectations and was enjoyed rather thoroughly by myself and my most reliable dance date.

No comments: