Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Homeward We Fly

For Christmas I went to Chicago.

I wanted snow, and I admit that to myself. I desperately wanted to see it snow in Chicago while I visited there. My tiny little overlord, the munch, the dog, the Tino, flew with me to Chicago to see my love and to visit one Graceful black dog. Tino was overjoyed to fly out, which rather impressed me, how much he really wanted to fly. I couldn’t blame him. He hates being left behind, and while he was good with a dog sitter while I was in Korea, he was upset that he didn’t get to go and I could tell. It was nice to be able to take him, and nicer still that the flight was really just a hop skip and jump away.

We hit Chicago and took the train to downtown which Tino also thoroughly enjoyed, although the best part for him was finally getting to the car, jumping out of the seat, and into the lap of the driver where he planted himself firmly for the rest of the trip. I think, while Tino likes New York, he misses driving a lot. He is very good at it.

For the most part Christmas was quiet. We woke up early in the morning and hit the local cinema, early enough to beat the families trying to escape each other after having spent the morning with presents. We took in the most recent hobbit flick, agreed that The Hobbit really didn’t have enough material to pad out three films, and then happily went home to chill out and relax for the better part of the day. This was essentially how I spent most of the holiday in Chicago, with my head in the lap of my love, fighting for attention with two needy dogs, cooking, cleaning, and packing things up. On Saturday I wanted to head into the city to do some shopping, hit the museum and get a few drinks at the bar I missed. Once feeling entirely content on my domestic bliss this is in fact what I did.

First, of course, I got a hold of the Author.

“Day drinking?”

“Day drinking.”

“Member's lounge?”

“Sure, the wife’s in town though. She’d like to see you too.”

“Done.”


No comments: