Friday, July 31, 2015

Life, Work, Etc...

At some point the following day I had been contacted by workmates who suggested we meet up at 6:30 to go to Harlow together. I was all for it, setting my alarm for five. For some reason, the gym attached to the hotel didn’t open until 6 (in what world is that acceptable?) so I did an in-room intensive HIIT set that included burpees, squats, crunches and push-ups and felt mostly worked out by the end of it. The room came with breakfast, but that didn’t start until 7, so I instead, I went down to the lobby to meet the co-workers at 6:30. We grabbed Starbucks, and hit a cab to go to King’s Cross Station.


The trip to Harlow was a quite one through  the country and the day was mostly spent doing what I do in a build that was out in the middle of nowhere, but much like my own office building in New York. The views from the location were drab, really, almost like being in the middle of Indiana. Work went quickly and 5 p.m. arrived long before expected, at which time I said goodbye to my colleagues who needed to be at the office later, and headed out for the train on my own with assurances that I could figure it out. 

No comments: