Sunday, April 10, 2016

Transitions

I am a woman in transition. 


This year, I will turn 40, which in and of itself is a bit of an oddness. This year already I have lost friends, icons, and love ones. 

For the first time in so long I can't remember it was last true I am entirely and completely single. 

There is a sense of isolation and of being on my own. This is terrifying to me. 

There is also a sense of joy and freedom and happiness that so many people I know are moving in new and different directions that are right for them, even if it means our lives are taking on different experiences and our paths may not cross again for a very long time. 

There is a sense of freedom. 

There is a sense of terror. 

I have too much to write about that has gone unwritten. The realization also that there is so much more to come. I'm bridging a world now of the old and new and looking at a generation totally different from mine to see what they know and understand, not as a teacher, but as a participant in living and life. 

The world is a strange new place. I'm fascinated by it. 
I'm terrified by it. 

I'm alone. 

I'm together. 

There are all these things. 


No comments: