Saturday, July 02, 2016

I'm Going to San Francisco....

It's been to long since I've been on a plane. I wanted to be on a plane. When the opportunity came to be on a plane I accepted. I needed to get moving again. I feel this need to move all the time anymore. Like one place is becoming to small and I need to be anywhere but here, just not here.


"Do you want to go to California?"

I said, sure why not. I hadn't been on a plane in awhile. I think the last time I was on a plane my world just stopped moving for a bit. I was prepared, I wasn't prepared, it was a hard trip. It was a meaningful flight in a life full of so many that mean so little. I wanted to get on a plane, go up and down, get into a different city and go go. 

Red eye flight, in the early morning with not enough coffee and a fully booked plane. We are bustling and groggy and bleary, but there is something cathartic and known about the sensation.

Learned, when you are about to board a plane for six hours do not spend the three hours before, when you are bleary and sleep deprived reading about viral infection.


No comments: