Monday, January 23, 2017

Friendly Idea

Hellion came to my place sometime after the New Year and we were hanging out with the dog. He was not my regular doggy day care person, and Tino was completely in love with him. I liked the company and given the ridiculous cost of New York, it was nice to have someone to be around in the apartment that was comfortable, the food was good, and the booze was on offer when it was wanted.

"I have an idea if you are up for it?"

"What have you got?" I asked.

"My Dad's gave me tickets to the Botanical Gardens down in Brooklyn. I was wondering if we could go together?"

I had not yet been to the Botanical Gardens and this seemed like a very interesting idea to me.

"When would you want to go?"

"Thursday."

My job is a nive to five weekday type job with lots of travel. His is a more weekend type job with strange hours.

I work very hard and I rarely take any time off.

"You know what? Sure. I think that would be lovely."

Somehow, the timing for this was perfect.

"Yes, I think that would be a lovely idea."

It was March, just as the cherry blossoms would be coming in. It will be interesting to see who I am around the cherry blossoms this time.

Cherry Blossoms always made me think of Korea. Now, with this upcoming walk, it would be three years since I had live in Korea full time.

No comments: