Thursday, January 19, 2017

New York Goth as Fuck

After getting done with a very long tour of the Intrepid museum I realized two things.

1) I was super hungry.
2) It was drinking time.

So, how to kill two birds with one stone. When I was teaching at a school downtown on the weekends I kept going through Grand Central Station and seeing the Grand Central Oyster bar. For some reason this came into my head at the very moment that the best way to follow up a tour on a ship was to go and get some oysters and fish. Water does this to me, I won't apologize for it.

So, I got on a bus and headed towards the oyster bar and suddenly caught a glimpse of myself in the bus window. The day had turned dark and rainy and I was wearing a black hoody dress and suddenly I needed to put the hood up. As I looked at myself in the window I exploded in giggles.

Wearing knee high Doc's? Check.
Wearing six shades of black? Check.
Wearing deep black eyeliner? Check.
Wearing a hug black caplike hood? Check.
Wearing a leather jacket? Check.

The only thing I was missing was a pack of clove cigarettes. I was as goth as it comes.

The oyster bar was lovely. The bar tender angled to get my number, which I politely managed not to give. The train ride home was quiet and contemplative.






No comments: