Saturday, January 21, 2017

The Broadway Show

The last stop on my one woman tour of New York city was the Broadway show. I talked to Mr. Spanker and he offered me tickets to go see a show named Sylvia which I knew nothing about except that it starred Mathew Broderick and two other tony award winners. That seemed like fun, so on the night before New Years Eve I battered my way through the billion deep sea of tourists to get to the theater and see the show. I was on of party of four, including some friends of Mr. Spanker.

The show was taking place at bit of a classical Broadway theater, the Cort theater. The night was pretty and I was excited to see a show.

I can't say that I knew what to expect and since I hadn't read anything about the show I was entirely open minded about what was about to happen. I don't think, even if I had read about the show that I could have prepared me for what was an fascinating and entertaining two hour event.

It was also puppy play on Broadway.

You spend anytime in the kink community and you might be familiar with puppy play. Going to the kinds of events I go to, I've seen a lot of puppy play. I would not say that puppy play is very mainstream, but I think it is fair to say that this show is like watching live action puppy play. I say this as the relationship between Greg and the stray he finds on the street, Sylvia, ends up being a lot like the relationship between a human puppy and their master. It's a caring, loving relationship with a deep connection and one that is not really sexual in nature at all. It's an owner and a pet and it's kind of a perfect example of the intricacies of the relationship between one and the other.

It was also a startling show in both some of the profanity and sexual humor, that had nothing to do with the puppy play so much between Greg and Sylvia. The audience seemed at least mildly amused as a touch more titillated than they expected to be. The stages and settings were gorgeous and the acting was downright perfect, so all in all I was pleasantly amused and impressed with the outing.

It certainly was a nice way to end my little exploratory trip around town. I spent New Year's eve in bed. I regret nothing.








No comments: