Wednesday, February 01, 2017

American Glass

I stood in front of American Window cast in blue and deep in thought for awhile. There were people coming and going all around me, annoyed by my persistence, standing there, watching, looking at the depth of blue, created by an artist, a visitor to America, someone who could love this country.

I follow the lines that tell a story of a country that is made up of immigrants and refugees. Broken lines fracture the surface at odd intervals.

Blue shining Lady Liberty is divided by dark streaks running off in a variety of directions.

Men dance and play violin.

Angels look on and smile.

The window is American chaos a perfect expression of the fault lines, divisions, but also the entire whole of this place I was born in.

America is blue today. Fragile, breakable. Today we live in a country constructed of American glass.

Tempered.

Broken.

Distracted.

Blue.


No comments: