Monday, March 20, 2017

After Paris, I start to Wonder

With all the melancholy I did really started to think, and I realized that there were some things that I now knew that I would need to act on in order to be happy and content with what I was doing with my life.

New York was making me miserable.

I was unhappy with my life in New York because I wasn't really living in the city. I was just existing.

The friends I needed were to far away.

I loved my job.

I had to figure out how to balance the first and the last thing, especially after a location change made getting to and from work harder and harder for me to do. After some talking, some negotiating, a lot of interviewing, and a lot of early mornings and late nights, I managed two things.

The ability to work remotely from Chicago would be a thing.

I could move back home.

I could move back home.

And I could keep my job, in fact, my job would be even better...it would require more travel, it would keep my life very busy. This was part of the change I would need to make things workout in my life. It wasn't the only change but it would be a start and so I took it, and began the preparations to move yet again.

Pondering this, I realized that I am consistent in my life. I have, since 1995, moved at least every two years into a new location, if not in the same city, or same country, but moving either way. And here I would be again, moving on top of all the other changes.

No comments: