Thursday, March 02, 2017

I had a feeling

Then there is a song that you listen to in that moment.

Your lips still feel the lips of another person. You hold that moment to your body, your thoughts on them. You think of them, your hands touching theirs, their voice. Their eyes.

There is that moment, piercing, real, singular, nothing but that minute matters. Afterwards you want nothing more than to hold that moment in time. Freeze time in the arms of your lover...lovers...loves...

Then there is that song that you listen to in that moment.

Your mind is a flashback of all the hands, the lips, the smiles. Female laughter in the hallways of my memory, shadows with accents, real to me, foreign to me, known to me, lost to me. There are male voices, sweet and kind, harsh and sobering, begging, bequeathing, bold, bright, beyond reason. Real, phantoms, shades, at once present and all to often passing through like stars in the sky.

The planet rotates.

Then returns.

Shine.

Turn, turn around...something...

No...

That's not the place...here...yes...here...the lights dim...I see you...I have always seen you...

"There is no pain you are receding
A distant ship smoke on the horizon
You are only coming through in waves
Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying"

No comments: