Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Snow Day

The thing about working from home is that you don't really get snow days anymore. The thing about global warming is we don't really get snow days anymore. Everyone once in a while, winter broke through this year, but not as often as I would have liked to have seen.

But I work up Monday morning to a world that was covered in powder white snow and it was glorious. The sky was dark and thick with more clouds that promised more snow and I wanted it all. I wanted to watch in fall out of the sky more than I wanted to work. I wanted the crisp, cold, cool, moisture of it all.

The wind blew most of the day and I stayed working next to an old radiator that clicked and clacked. I clicked and clacked on my computer and accomplished worklike things.

I contemplated little. It was not a day for contemplation.

No comments: