Monday, January 15, 2007

I Kill Me

I say the most wonderful things sometimes. No, no, really I do. I'm in no way trying to pat myself on the back here, but sometimes I amuse the pants off me. You can be critical if you want to but let's face it diary keepers are some of the most conceited people on earth, and those that not only keep diaries but do so in a public forum go beyond narcissistic. So you if you, dear person, are reading and enjoying you cannot be critical of my self conceit because without it you would have nothing to read.

I was saying I kill me sometimes and I ran across this little bit I jotted while reflecting on my 30th birthday with friends:

"I celebrated my 30 birthday ten year old style. I invited a bunch of twelve year olds to my party and we played pin the tail on the donkey, hit a piñata, ate cookies and donuts till we were sick and watched Wil-E-Coyote Cartoons. It was probably the best party I could ask for. Expect it lacked strippers. That would have put it over the top. Granted that and the twelve year olds probably wouldn't have mixed, but what can you do."

I'm just reflecting on how amused I am with myself. Man, strippers and twelve year olds in the same classroom. It's amazing they still let me come to work.

As a side note, I think my favorite party with strippers ever would have been the disgusting Guido stripper brought to Armstrong for the celebration of I believe Froth's birthday. I don't think I shall ever forget Tom holding the overly distraught Forth in his arms and comforting her while over her head he dangled a five dollar bill..Ah, memories.

No comments: