Monday, August 06, 2007

I'd like to thank

So I log into my email, I do, and I have a note waiting from the lovely John of disassociated.com. It is in regards to a contest that was being run to determine who could brighten up the day and promote disassociated in a hundred words. I took it to heart, made a hundred word entry, posted it, and promptly forgot about it, however I did not forget disassociated which I managed at some point to subscribe to.

As it were time passed and I get's this email I do.

And guess who won.

As the new owner of a shiny electronic hundred dollar bill I'd like to take this blogpost to say thanks to John and Mandi for picking my entry. Actually I'd like to thank them for reading the entry at all, you guys rock. I'd also like to extend my sincere thanks to Jose Cuervo whose late night companionship and tequila fueled mania kept me reading the blogs of others long after my bedtime and who, in his infinite golden wisdom, convinced me to write my entry for the contest. I'd also like to thank the red bathrobe for keeping it covered and the monsoon rains for making it cool enough to be up late that night writing.

If you haven't yet, do yourself a favor and check out disassociated.com it's a wild little subversive ride. Kinda like me.

To see the original prize winning entry: check it this out.

3 comments:

total-spender said...

Didn't we have an agreement about splitting the winnings?

You most probably can't remember. Actually, now I think about it you said that you'd give it all to me ....

Jill said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Lampard said...

Thanks for the mention Sara and thanks again for taking part. I liked your entry as soon as I saw it! Enjoy your winnings :)