Saturday, February 23, 2008

Long Night Love Song

It is the same questions again and again and again. I don't mind answering the
question. Because I love the people who ask. And I missed them. I missed all of them.

"How long were you gone?"

"How was it?"

"How long will you be back?"

They ask and they ask, and we buy each other drinks, and laugh and slap
backs, and hug, and kiss and hold hands. I bury my head in the warm
soft hair of a hundred thousands loves who I have missed and who have
missed me.

"I thought you were gone for good?" Someone asks me during the night.

"How could I go for good?"

I miss and I miss. My nose is kept warm pressed against the fur body of
the mutant hairball that has taken over my apartment. My loves are
warming the bed and warming me. My heart is in expansion mode. The
feeling of being home.

There is a pang somewhere, a longing to combine these two worlds apart to attain perfection.

I will make do with half of what I have. My body swings warm and open and welcoming to my home and I come with it.

No comments: