Friday, July 18, 2008

I see your point.

Conversations over American food:

Me: Yellow and Green. You like green.

Him: Green is a vegetable.

Me: I'm not really sure that a green icing chocolate cupcake counts as a vegetable.

Him: Of course it is, it's green.

Me: Green does not make it a vegetable.

Him: Read the ingredients.

Me: Among other things it does, surprisingly, contain beta carotene.

Him: See, it is too a vegetable.

Me: No, it's not.

Him: Yes it is, it has beta carotene. And you know what that means.

Me: No?

Him: If I eat enough of them it will help with my ability to see in the dark.

1 comment:

Jill/Twipply Skwood said...

Yeah, but he'll still be constipated. :-) :-) :-)

Actually, I knew a guy once who came home drunk, didn't turn on the light in the kitchen, thought his mom had made him a pot of mashed potatoes and left it on the stove.

He ate the entire pot, but found out in the morning that it had been lard, not potatoes. No constipation there - I think he spent the entire day in the bathroom.

Some of those thick icings are mostly lard anyway, so maybe Him will have moving bowels AND good eyes!