Friday, September 12, 2008

Two Thoughts from the More Eloquent: McCain Palin

This is one of the single most stirring things I've seen in a long while.



I wish I could have written this: From Ana Voog of Anacam.com

_-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.salon.com/opinion/paglia/2008/09/10/palin/index.html

camille paglia, so called revolutionary feminist, brings the point home why palin is so dangerous.
because
even people like camille, who pride themselves on being edgy free
thinkers, are so quickly and easily bamboozled by palin's easy
"projectability".

by this i mean, because we know virtually
nothing about palin, and because of the way she looks, she is the
perfect screen to project our wishes and desires on.
over and over i read "i like palin because she reminds me of....
insert:

1. my hardworking grandmother
2. my feisty next door neighbour
3. my loud talking but loveable aunt
4. a pioneer woman
5. annie oakley
6. a domanatrix librarian who is going to spank your naughty self
7. a VPILF *vomit*
8. a *insert animal or man suffiently feisty* (pitbull, pig, reagan) with lipstick or high heels
9. or the worst and BEST one "she's just like ME!"

etc etc ad nauseum

for camille and others, palin is the perfect nobody/everybody fodder for her to project her wet dream:

"Perhaps
Palin seemed perfectly normal to me because she resembles so many women
I grew up around in the snow belt of upstate New York. For example,
there were the robust and hearty farm women of Oxford, a charming
village where my father taught high school when I was a child. We first
lived in an apartment on the top floor of a farmhouse on a working
dairy farm. Our landlady, who was as physically imposing as her
husband, was an all-American version of the Italian immigrant women of
my grandmother's generation -- agrarian powerhouses who could do
anything and whose trumpetlike voices could pierce stone walls. Here's
one episode. My father and his visiting brother, a dapper barber by
trade, were standing outside having a smoke when a great noise came
from the nearby barn. A calf had escaped. Our landlady yelled, "Stop
her!" as the calf came careening at full speed toward my father and
uncle, who both instinctively stepped back as the calf galloped through
the mud between them. Irate, our landlady trudged past them to the
upper pasture, cornered the calf, and carried that massive animal back
to the barn in her arms. As she walked by my father and uncle, she
exclaimed in amused disgust, "Men!"
Now that's the Sarah Palin brand of can-do, no-excuses, moose-hunting feminism...."

weee ha! *wank wank wank*

here's another of her wet dreams:

"Here's
another example of the physical fortitude and indomitable spirit that
Palin as an Alaskan sportswoman seems to represent right now. Last
year, Toronto's Globe and Mail reprinted this remarkable obituary from
1905:

Abigail Becker
Farmer and homemaker born in Frontenac County, Upper Canada, on March 14, 1830:
A
tall, handsome woman "who feared God greatly and the living or dead not
at all," she married a widower with six children and settled in a
trapper's cabin on Long Point, Lake Erie. On Nov. 23, 1854, with her
husband away, she single-handedly rescued the crew of the schooner
Conductor of Buffalo, which had run aground in a storm. The crew had
clung to the frozen rigging all night, not daring to enter the raging
surf. In the early morning, she waded chin-high into the water (she
could not swim) and helped seven men reach shore. She was awarded
medals for heroism and received $350 collected by the people of
Buffalo, plus a handwritten letter from Queen Victoria that was
accompanied by £50, all of which went toward buying a farm. She lost
her husband to a storm, raised 17 children alone and died at Walsingham
Centre, Ont.

Frontier women were far bolder and hardier than
today's pampered, petulant bourgeois feminists, always looking to blame
their complaints about life on someone else. "

wee ha!
annie oakley get yer guns out!

seriously? this is rational thinking???
this is cutting edge feminism?

who cares that she doesn't agree with her policies.
who cares that palin would like to force women to carry the fetus of their rapists and pay for their own rape kits!
palin makes me live out my pioneer fantasy! i wanna get my gun out and drill baby drill!

just being from alaska doesn't make you a frontier woman.
and just having a vagina and being able to shoot with the boys doesn't make you a feminist.
palin not bourgeois? LOL. get real.

IN SHORT:
CAMILLE IS FETISHIZING PALIN

so much for cutting edge feminism. *yawn*
no wonder rush limbaugh loves her.

camille needs to come out of her white priviledged female world of academia fantasy land and get real.
"staying
in touch with the mainstream of american life" involves more than
saying "i frequent fast-food restaurants, shop at the mall, and
periodically visit Wal-Mart (its bird-seed section is nonpareil)."

how embarrassing.

the entire article is embarrassing.
i've only scratched the surface of it.

7 comments:

GeologyJoe said...

you'd probably like my friends website.

palinsucks.com


and as for your choices Id go with #6 ;)

E said...

Hiya! I've not been by in awhile. Somehow I didn't expect you to go all political on us.

Cool, though. Glad to see you're an Obamanite. I'm undecided, myself, but the indecision is between Obama and third party, sure as hell won't vote McCain.

How are things going? (Well, apart from what I can read.) :P

Hope you're well. Swing on by sometime. I kind of drifted away from Bonez, so if you want to see what's going on with me, it'll be at omniphobic.blogspot.com

:) E

Saradevil said...

@ GeologyJoe,

Thanks, I will go and check it out.

@E

I admit this is more politics than I like but this election has also pushed a button somewhere inside of me and turned my American belief in Democracy to overdrive. I feel like instead of just fretting to myself like I did the last two elections I should say what I want to say and well, everyone figure it out.

I respect everyone's rights thoughts and beliefs. These just happen to be mine.

Tony said...

Thank you for this, Sara. Bonez has you linked and referenced for this one.

E said...

And you've got nothing but respect from me for expressing them. I think that many of us are feeling a greater degree of stress and apprehension over this election than usual. It really does feel like a crossroads for our country. It's tough times for all of us. I'm happy to see anybody taking an active interest, whether I align ideologically with them or not.

Saradevil said...

That's so cool. It's going to take all of us staying active to make this thing happen.

Saradevil said...

It is a crossroads, and our country is on the edge of quite a lot of things. There is so much that needs to be thought about. So many moves that could bring down a house of cards.

This is what worries me. In an age where thinking and reasoning is imperative in our leadership, will we have a leadership that adequately represents the need for thoughtful consideration.

I want decision makers in office that I know will take time to learn about the various aspects of a decision, the problems, and the pitfalls before committing my country to any kind of action.

I want a country that can be respected for it's insights on the global stage, a country where leaders show respect for one another.

I want a country I can believe in again. I respect that fact that you are taking the time to make up your mind with as much information as possible. I wish more people would.