Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Stop SOPA and PIPA

I didn't have time to complete the blackout on my blog, because

1) That coding took a long time.

and

2) I literally didn't have time

However I do think it is important that people be aware of what SOPA and PIPA are and why they are so dangerous.

Here is why.

I'm going to link to other peoples pictures of the SOPA protest on the web.

That's not my content; it's someone else's content.

In a world after SOPA and PIPA, post a screenshot of a website would be illegal and I could be sued.
Posting a screencap from a movie could get you in trouble. Forget about uploading a user made video to YouTube, or a fan movie that you made based on a popular concept.

It's a nasty piece of legislation and needs to be done away with.

Fight the power.

Wikipedia Blackout







This is what happens when you make the internet angry.

No comments: