Sunday, February 17, 2013

Boobs for Good

“What do we want for dinner?”

“You are the one with the impossible diet.”

“I’m being flexible tonight,” I responded.

“Margaritaville?” the Kiterunner suggested.

“I’d rather use my breasts for the power of good not evil,” I shot back. I had a small problem with the Ville ever since one of the waiters fell in love with me. While it had advantages ( like never having to worry about getting a seat) the disadvantage was me feeling a bit like I was leading the poor man on.

“Other ideas?”

“French?” From the Editor.

“Ate there last night.” The Boy and I had eaten a fancy French dinner. I enjoyed it; he was mostly amused because I enjoyed spending way too much money on really good food.

“The Salad bar?” I tossed back. The Editor had introduced me to the Salad bar and I had become a fan of their very tasty chicken salads.

“Does anyone know if there is a rugby game tonight? If there is it will be full.”

We all looked at the Irish.

“Don’t look at me, I have no idea. I didn’t even know it was rugby season.”

“You are a discredit to your people,” I piped in.

“I try,” he responded, all charm.

“Well, let’s try it anyway, it will be an adventure.” I remember that line. Somehow it always felt like famous last words, but we ponied up and began the bitter cold walk through the streets of Itaewon toward the Salad bar.

No comments: