Thursday, June 20, 2013

The Quiet End of Kinkfest

The reason  for leaving Shibaricon was to get back in time to get ready for the Fetish Ball. Honestly, the Fetish Ball was fun, but I was so tired I barely recall it. We went back to Shibaricon the next day and I had an awesome self-bondage class with DoNotGoGently. Her attention to detail and her willingness to discuss personal safety made the class worthwhile. She also taught a couple of quick ties that I didn’t know, and clarified some basics that I should  have known. This has all made me realize that I need to teach some basics to help further get my head around it, but I truly valued her patient practice.


The second class with Lochai, was no less amazing than the first. The only regret I have is not being able to volunteer fast enough to have him put rope on me, but considering how overwhelmed I was by his sheer presence, I’m not sure my panties would have survived it. 

Aside from that, I also managed to run into some Shmeng people and took in the decorative rope bondage class being led by the rope master who does amazing rope costumes. This was a great workshop, but I didn’t have a partner, and got paired by my Shmeng friends with a cute little rope top who wanted to practice tying. 

Since she was a bit more experienced, I ended up becoming the bondage bunny for her and she had me tied up in a decorative chest harness with some really lovely green hemp rope. One thing I learned from this is, although I am not allergic to hemp, the dust that comes off of it does play holy hell with allergies, and I will have to keep that in mind if I rope bottom for anyone in the future. Nylon rope or well-kept hemp, only, I think. The other thing I learned is that I much prefer to doing the tying, although now I know exactly what a confining chest harness feels like.

There was some more shopping, and much chatting before we eventually headed back home after Shibaricon, which, all in all, was a wonderful time. And, being Sunday night, after three days of kink, I was completely worn out. A few messages later, I was in the car with the Boy and we were on our way home, where I unwound myself, relaxed, and enjoyed a night in my own bed with nothing left but rope-bound memories and a huge desire to do it again next year.

No comments: