Thursday, August 08, 2013

Because Nothing Can Ever Be Easy


Before heading back to the Korea, the Irish pinged me online.

“I’ve news.”

“Dish.”

“We have to move.”

“Fuck.”

“Fuck.”

Thus, I had a move looming over my head on the way back to Korea. After landing, the first thing I did was get off the plane and find the Irish a new apartment. Thing is, I was fairly sure when I landed that I would not be staying for long this time.

“This place will do, but are you sure? You can stay for as long as you like.”

“I know.”

Our conversations about it were cut short with him getting ready for a trip to Ireland. Here was the problem: the Irish and the Geisha were flying to Ireland so the Geisha could meet the parents. I would be in Korea, and the person who would be responsible for the move. The Geisha would theoretically be back in time to help.

Basically it was on me.

“Do you want help?” This from my lady love.

“Beautiful, I don’t want to ask.”

“I’m offering.”

“I know.”

“I want to help.”

“I’ll think about it.”

As the two of them took off to the plane I was left with an apartment to pack and less than a week to do it in. With all of it hanging over my head I managed to get absolutely nothing done, I also had a course starting that week and really no time do much of anything. I decided after my rather long first day of work on Saturday that what I really needed was a drink. Having not been out on the town in Korea since damn near April, I decided that I was due. It was dinner time and I suspected that chicken wings were in my future. I said goodbye to the dog and hit the road for some vodka and some wings.

No comments: