Sunday, September 21, 2014

Extracted from FedEx

Stupd FedEx.

I stayed in my little square all day on Wednesday. We didn’t leave until finally, at 8, I decided I was starving, so we took a walk to find some food, and a bit of booze.

As I walked out I found a note on the door that FedEx had come and gone, taking my bed with it. This pissed me off to no end since I was in the apartment all day. After getting some food, and drink, I called them back.

They promised, super fingers crossed and everything that they would totally call me the next day when they came to my apartment. I stayed in my apartment all day Thursday waiting for them, only to have a repeat of the previous day. I was extra pissed.

So I called them the next morning.

“Hi, I would like to know when my package is going to be delivered.”

“Sometime between 8am and 8pm.”

“That is not going to work for me. I want to know exactly when it is getting here, because I just moved in and I need to do other things that sit here all day.”

“I’m sorry, I don’t know where your package is. You’re just going to have to wait.”

“No, see, that is not going to work. I want you to call and find out where my package is.”

“I can’t call. It’s out for delivery so there is no way to know.”

“I call bullshit.”

“Excuse me?” The FedEx operator was very unhappy with me at this point.

“You have computers, you have a full network, and I actually know how this works. All your trucks have trackers so you can call it up in your computer and find out where it is.”

“I can’t do that.”

“You are going to do that. Because you can do that. You can find out where the carrier is, what truck it is scheduled into and you are going to find that out, call them, and make sure they call me.”

“I can’t do that.”

“Yes, you can, because I am not going to spend a third day being held hostage by FedEx.”

“But I can’t.”


And interestingly enough, she put me on hold.

And she tried.

About five minutes of hold later she came back on.

“Okay, I found the truck and the carrier, he hasn’t left the facility and won’t until at least three. And I gave him your phone number and made sure he knows that he need to call you when he gets there.”

“What is his number?”

“That I did not get, but I promise they will call.”

And, sure enough, they did, and fortunately I was able to ge the things I needed. On Friday I also had all the Ikea stuff show up, so between yelling at FedEx (always my favorite) and that I had a lot to do on Friday.

Roughly 18 hours later I had an apartment full of furniture, several dozen bruises, a bed, pillows, a dog, a wardrobe, and a phone. A few days later I would also managed to get internet, and finally be about as moved in as I could possibly get. Which worked. Work was starting, and all of the rest of my nerves were coming back.

As moves go, though, this was perhaps both the most and least eventful.

1 comment:

Miss Mariah said...

The thought of you yelling at FedEx got me all sorts of hot. ;)